Thursday, April 18, 2013

What a week here in the boston area..

From a person who worked right around from copley for a total of 6 out of my 25 years of life, I really felt what happened at the marathon this week.

That being said, I don't want to even type about it anymore.

It's so exhausting thinking about the actual event, about how I and everyone around me feels about it and about how people in other countries (i.e. Afghanistan) cope with bombings that happen almost daily/a few times a week.

This week in general has been long and exhausting.

Was out the last 2 nights (last night until 1 am.. Jesse's cousin's band was in town and they're one of our favs sooo we had to go..) and I really just want to be home in bed.

Therefore, I won't be cooking tonight... but that doesn't matter because we have plenty of food already cooked in the fridge!

I made a whole roasted chicken on Monday evening (partially to get my mind off of things) and a pork shoulder in the crock pot all Monday night.

I won't include recipes because seriously, they're just way too easy to make, but I will include spices.

For the chicken, I used season all, garlic powder and onion powder as well as a bit of extra salt. I roasted that at 350 degree covered with aluminum foil and 2/4 chicken stock at the bottom of my roasting pan for about 1 hour 15 minutes (6 lb chicken) and then on 450 for 15 minutes to get it crispy.

It turned out to be absolutely delicious!

Next, I made a whole pork shoulder in my crock pot.

I used garlic powder, onion powder, a good amount of salt, white pepper, cumin and a dash of cinnamon for the shoulder. I put about a cup of chicken broth at the bottom of the crock along with some olive oil and I left the shoulder in the crock pot on high for a few hours then on low for about 8.

It came out extremely moist and really tasty! Seriously, great.

Sorry for such a boring entry but I want to have one at least every week!

On a quick side note.. Jesse has been making AWESOME bread with his spent beer grains.. and I mean awesome. it is amazing! so, with that, I leave you this:

“Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts.” 
-James Beard

No comments:

Post a Comment