Monday, March 25, 2013

first post, first post

hello all (or no one),

I'm starting this blog because I was cooking over the weekend (big surprise there..) and I figured that I needed to start documenting my failures and successes.
They say that history repeats itself.
Well, if that history is a good recipe then I want it to repeat itself.
If it's a bad one, and trust me, I've made some semi-awful things, I would like them to stay history.

Here's to documenting my culinary exploits in the kitchen.

For starters, I made some really great muffins this weekend.
I guess I can call them "multi flour and grain muffins"
I found a recipe online for "multigrain muffins" online and made my own spin off of them.
Here's the recipe I used:

Multi flour and grain muffins

2/3 cup wheat flour

1/3 cup rye flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 tablespoon of molasses

1 egg, beaten

1 cup of buttermilk

1/8 cup of flaxseed
1/8-1/4 cup of nuts (your choice, I used pecans)
1/4 cup of mixed dried fruits (I used blueberries and cranberries)


preheat oven to 450. lightly grease muffin pan or use baking cups.


combine all dry ingredients, except for flaxseed, nuts and fruit, in medium size bowl.


next, add beaten egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and molasses. stir until combine.


add rest of ingredients (flaxseed, nuts, dried fruits).


ladle into muffin tin. should yield about 5 large muffins or 8 smaller muffins.


bake at 450 degrees for about 15-17 minutes; 12-15 for smaller muffins.


cool and eat!



pictures to come soon.

I think I will end all of these posts with a quote about eating.

I do believe Jesse and I live well by this one!:

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." -Virginia Woolf



No comments:

Post a Comment